How to Remove Color Stains From Clothes: 5 Methods for Holi Festival Attendees
Raise your hand if your stained clothes from Holi are still sitting in your luggage. Color stains from Holi should be washed as early as possible. However, if they’ve been collecting dust for the past month, don’t worry. Keep reading to find out how to remove color stains from clothes.
How to Remove Color Stains From Clothes
Think you need to send your stained clothing to the cleaners? Think again. Here are a few easy ways to remove Holi stains from your clothes:
1. Non-Chlorine Bleach
You can use a non-chlorine bleach to get the stains out. Non-chlorine bleach contains an alternative oxidizing agent called hydrogen peroxide.
This substance successfully removes stubborn stains without ruining the fabric of your clothes. What’s also great about non-chlorine bleach is that it’s safe to use on colored clothing, too. However, it doesn’t work well on silk acetate, wool, spandex, and polypropylene.
Here’s how to remove color stains from clothes using non-chlorine bleach:
- Fill your sink basin with water
- Add two to three tablespoons of the non-chlorinated bleach
- Soak clothing for two hours
- Rinse your clothing in warm water and dry as usual
2. White Vinegar
If you’re not a fan of using chemicals on your clothing, white vinegar is a natural alternative. Here are a few ways you can use white vinegar to remove Holi powder stains from clothes:
- Mix half a cup of vinegar and one tablespoon of detergent
- Saturate the stained clothing in this solution and allow it to soak in
- Add your pre-treated clothing to the washer as usual
- If the stains are still in your clothes, repeat steps two and three
- Saturated clothing with undiluted vinegar
- Create a paste made from equal parts vinegar and baking soda
- Rub the paste over the stains and rinse out
- Launder your clothing as usual
3. Window Cleaner
Window cleaner is more versatile than you think. It gets your windows sparkling and removes color from clothes. For this method, make sure you use an ammonia-based window cleaner.
All you have to do is spray the stains with the window cleaner and let it sit for 30 minutes. Next, blot the stains with a cloth and throw it in the washer.
For this solution, rubbing alcohol and spirits are acceptable. Here’s how to remove color stains using alcohol:
- Sponge your stained clothing with alcohol — using light circular motions
- Let the clothing sit for 30 minutes in lukewarm water
- Rinse the clothing and dry as usual
5. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is the perfect agent for getting your clothes clean. Why? Its acidic nature removes stains without ruining the fabric. Here’s how to do it:
- Pre-treat clothing with 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- Let clothing sit for 20 minutes
- Rinse your clothing and launder as usual
Washing Away Stains From Holi is Easy!
The memories from Holi last forever but the stains don’t have to. With these simple methods, your clothes will look like new!
For more content on how to remove color stains from clothes, subscribe to our newsletter. We also have exclusive offers you don’t wanna miss!
Also, don’t forget to check out our extensive array of colored powder.